> Is when I got stuck being "door guy" at Maharishi's
> door the night before the second Merv taping. Charlie
> arrived, I went inside and told one of the guys inside
> that he was there, watched him walk up to Maharishi
> and tell him that Charlie was there, and then come
> back to me and say, "Maharishi said to have him wait."
>
> Charlie waited, fuming. He stood there for a while,
> among all the dozen or so other people waiting outside
> the door, and then he started to pace. Finally, after
> about half an hour, he announced in a large voice,
> "It's been over an hour! I wouldn't wait an hour to
> see Jesus Christ. I'm leaving." And he did.
>
> *That* is Charlie Lutes.
>
> He wanted what he had at the very beginning of the
> TM movement, to be "special." He was kept out of the
> room because some important network people were in
> there and Maharishi was afraid he'd embarrass him.
>
> And, rather than wait outside with all the other
> peons, Charlie stalked off in a snit, and then made
> up a grand paranoid tale about "Jerry's minions"
> keeping him out of the room.
>
> *Maharishi* kept him out of the room, and kept him
> waiting in the hallway with all the other peons.
>
> And Charlie was too "special" to wait with all the
> others. Half an hour among the Great Unwashed was
> as far as his "devotion" went.
>
> Yeah, Charlie was "special" all right. In the same
> place that *his* minions were -- and seemingly are
> still -- "special." In their minds.

In FFL #145532 Re: Jerry Jarvis's disassociation from TM org- anything to do
with Sidhis ?
 Mainstream20016" wrote:
 Wasn't Charlie a big front-man for 'fly like Superman' ?...

do.rflex wrote:
No. Charlie told me that he told Maharishi he thought it was nonsense and a
mistake.

Mainstream writes:
Yet, I attended a 1982 or '83 Iowa City Charlie Lutes' lecture, at which
Charlie boasted that
MMY gave Charlie the title "The First World Governor of the Age of
Enlightenment",
presumably because Charlie was the earliest adopter of the TM Sidhi program.
Perhaps
Charlie did tell Maharishi the Sidhi program was a mistake, but probably not on
the same
day MMY showered Charlie with that title.