--- In
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jim Flanegin writes snipped:
> --he needs to be able to discriminate
> between reality and non-reality, regardless of how he expresses or
> doesn't express this ability. I am not a fan of overblown
> intellectual or academic arguments. A piercing intellect in an
> enlightened state need never be obviously expressed-- it just is.:-
)

> Tom T:
> Patanjali final vs (55) of Chapter 3
> When the translucent intellect is as clear as the Self. There is
> enlightenment.

sattva-puruSayoH shuddhi-saamye kaivalyam

"In" purity-equality(shuddhi-saamye; locative singular)
of sattva[and]puruSa (sattva-puruSayoH; genitive dual)
kaivalya (kaivalyam).

kaivalya n. (fr. %{ke4vala}) , isolation Va1m. ; absolute unity
Veda7ntas. BhP. ; perfect isolation , abstraction , detachment from
all other connections , detachment of the soul from matter or
further transmigrations , beatitude MBh. KapS. Sa1m2khyak. &c. ; for
%{vaikalya} Ra1jat. vii , 1149 ; (mf(%{A})n.) leading to eternal
happiness or emancipation MBh. xiii , 1101.

'kaivalya' is derived from 'kevala':

kevala m. (nom. pl. %{e} RV. x , 51 , 9) f. (%{I} RV. x , 73 , 6 AV.
S3Br. ; %{A} Mn. &c. see Pa1n2. 4-1 , 30)n. (in comp. Pa1n2. 2-1 ,
49) exclusively one's own (not common to others) RV. AV. ; alone ,
only , mere , sole , one , excluding others RV. AV. TS. &c. ; not
connected with anything else , isolated , abstract , absolute
[310,1] ; simple , pure , uncompounded , unmingled S3Br. &c. ;
entire , whole , all Mn. MBh. &c. ; selfish , envious L. ;