--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, billy jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you'll check the source you'll see that this statement was made
by suziezuzie (msilver1951) and that my contribution was to follow
with an article discussing Gandhi's passifist views about the Jews.
It was Martin Buber who answered Gandhi publicly. Anyone reading
Gandhi's comments can see that he wouldn't have minded sending every
Jew to the slaughter so he could prove that "ahimsa" was morally
superior.

>   There is so much post-WWII cultural propaganda that people don't
even know that the SS wanted to send the Jews out of Europe by train
to their home in Palestine. The British refused this request because
they didn't want the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem to lead Palestinian
Muslims in rebellion against British colonialism. It is one of the
ironies of history that the SS (who took the homes and possessions of
the Jews by force) wanted to return all Jews to their homeland and it
was therefore British who blocked this from happening (to protect
their territorial interests). To this day the British still deny this
truth. (See "The Order of the Death's Head" by German historian Heinz
Hohne).

>   Gandhi's story had now become a westernized cultural hagiography.
Western Buddhists (hand in hand with Satyagraha proponents) have been
a large part of this effort to portray him as a "saint".

>   For my part I take sides with the Jewish fighters in the Warsaw
ghetto, who were respected even by the SS. On the other hand, if
Gandhi's soul is back on Earth doing the same type of thing again
then the Jihadists will slaughter him this time instead of an Indian
nationalist. After all, Dar-as-salam (the realm of Islam) has no
earthly boundaries.

As a Hindu, Gandhi appeared to have taken the opposite view from what
Krishna was saying in the B Gita or Shrimad Bhagavatam.  I suppose
pacifism could be taken as a passive/aggressive strategy to fight the
enemy.  So, in that sense, Gandhi is taking up his fight from a
higher moral ground.