From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of shempmcgurk
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 2:07 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: GULLIBLE FOOL IS A NAZI

Here's the reality of what was happening in your being when you
decided that MMY had somehow let you down, Rick, and you decided to
stop practising the TM technique as taught by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

It's a powerful technique that creates alot of unstressing. Hell,
you can feel miserable half the time. Some people can't take it so
they use any kind of justification to quit.

What you should have done instead of quitting TM as taught by MMY is
reduce your meditation time to 5 or 10 minutes twice a day. And you
could have done any kinds of additional meditations or huggings and
follow whatever guru you wanted...but just do those two sessions of
reduced-time TM sessions.

Hey, didn't you initiate thousands of people? Didn't you tell them
to do TM twice a day for the rest of their lives? Didn't you preach
that very thing?

Well, practise what you preach.

A lot of what I preached was mere parroting of information that I hadn’t
experientially verified. I meditate an hour twice a day and have done at
least that since late 1970 (as instructed by MMY). For two years prior to
that I meditated at least ½ hour twice a day (as instructed by MMY). My
experience in meditation did not change dramatically when I switched mantras
several years ago. Meditations are generally fulfilling and sometimes
profound and there appears to be little unstressing going on. There is
nothing magic or exclusive about “TM as taught by MMY.” It is indeed a
powerful and effective technique for many people, but there are all sorts of
spiritual folks out there making great strides through a variety of means.
God is not a one-trick pony.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:21 PM