new.morning wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> That's why NO ONE should be allowed to have an estate worth more than
>> twelve million in today's dollars.
>>

>> Do you think that Murdoch is smarter
>> or superior to anyone here?
>>

> Smarter? Sure. Quite a bit smarter than many here.
Harvard did a study a few years back on what made people wealthy.  They
determined it was luck.  It is was smarts a lot of my peers who
graduated at the top of their classes would be wealthy, right?  Or the
Brahmin caste would be the wealthiest, right?  Not so.

>> Nope he's just a greed SOB plain and
>> simple.
>>

> An interesting view -- as are your apparent intrinsic observations,
> logic and world view.
>
> Is your premise and observation is that greed is sole thing that one
> needs to become a billionaire? Thats clearly different than what I
> have observed.
>
> Is greed even a necessary requirement to be a billionaire (or 100 Mil
> player)? Are the Google guys "greedy"? is Steve Jobs? Is Bill Clinton,
> Is Oprah? U2, John Lennon -- in his day, Sean Penn? Angelina Jole?
> Dereck Jeeter?Maria Sharapova (who will soon, based on signe
> contracts, become the highet paid athelete in the world (male/female,
> all sports) -- 100 Million / yr.

Some of the people you mention would agree with the $12 million limit.
What we need is the tax structure that was in place before Reagan messed
it up.

>> The root of all problems
>>

> Sort like watering the root? Fix / do that and EVERYTHING will be
> good. No problems anywhere if you limit assets per person?
>

>>  We need to relieve them of the burden of their
>> wealth and return the planet to the people to whom it belongs!
>>

> Well relieveing them of their wealth clearly seem sis a great burden
> an sacrifice for you. You truly are a selfless saint.
>
> So are you saying that part of Murdoch's assets belong directly to
> you?  What portion? What portion of the Google guys forntune belongs
> directly to you.

Oh come on now.  You're trying to make me look ridiculous instead of
discussing the concept.   I'm not saying I want any part of their
wealth.  But doesn't logic say that fewer billionaires would allow for
more millionaires?  That might mean you might still have a chance in
this life.  Just look at the wealthy messing with the politics in this
world.  Murdoch is a great example.

Some of the greedy bastards own the Fed.  That indeed should be
nationalized.  Those people have a history of waging war upon the masses.
> Greed is not a virtue. Neither is confiscation. Do you advocate a
> direct confiscation of all individual asses over 12 mil? If so, how
> would that be done exactly?

A major revolution would do it. :)
> At this point, some might throw out a large leap of illogic wrapped in
> a large red herring along the lines of: "you disagree with me, thus
> you must agree with everything Murdoch does and stands for. Its a
> black and white world. You are for us or against us." I assume, your
> being as smart as Murdoch, are beyond such muddled thinking.
Or I might say you display a business caste logic.  So you must be a
businessman right?  A registered Republican?  But then I have seen you
write things that display some humanitarianism so you couldn't be that
unless you are going to take Curtis up on his offer. :D :D :D