<snip>
> I was talking to a psychiatrist friend last night and asked him
> about diagnoses of people you knew online for a couple of years
> and if it would be possible to diagnose someone, roughly, based
> on their interactions with others, their responses, etc. He said
> not only would you be able to do so, it would be very easy to do
> so. In fact he said the DSM was designed to allow a relative
> novice to achieve a "high reliability at diagnosis".

Hm. But Peter finally admitted he didn't know
whether Richard was psychotic.

In any case:

Did you ask your psychiatrist friend whether it
would be OK to announce this at-a-distance diagnosis
to a group of the person's nonprofessional peers?

Did you ask him whether it would be OK to *make up*
a diagnosis purely out of spite and announce it to
a group of the person's nonprofessional peers?