From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of gullible fool
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 10:20 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [FairfieldLife] Re: Enforcement of Guidelines

First of all, Rick, no one got banned, just
unsubscribed. It was easy enough for the offender to
rejoin, wasn't it?

Yes. “Banned” was the wrong word.

Second of all, as the post I was
replying to and my reply to it pointed out, no one
would be able to call ANYONE, moderator or not, an
insult like that in any other forum without getting
the boot and getting it permanently. I fully
understand your desire to allow anything goes, Rick,
after your exposure to the TMO's censorship, but it's
not just FFL's greatest asset, it's also it's greatest
weakness.

This is FFL, not “any other forum.” But as you see, we’re going to try a no
flaming policy and see if we can make it work.

It has resulted in a dumbing down of the
content, to where I miss out on posts by LB and Cliff,
which I very much liked to read,

Me too. I agree with this point. If a few drunks start sounding off at
party, intelligent conversation is drowned out, or moves elsewhere. Some of
those people left because they found the atmosphere distasteful.

while not even
receiving the majority of messages anymore because of
the necessity of having a dozen or so members on
permanent block to avoid their inane drivel, and I
longer get requests to approve members in my email box
because I changed settings to avoid getting scores of
requests to approve shemp's posts after he kept
sending them even after you put him on moderation for
going over the limit.

Now if somebody goes over, I just cut their posting privileges rather than
moderate them.

These days, half the posts are
about the behavioral problems on FFL.

--- Rick Archer <HYPERLINK