Well, it can't be said any better.

In the post below, billy jim has projected the reaping of the
slippery slope you Jokers have sown, what with your 35 per week rule,
your stands on what constitutes bad posting (short, numerous posts
like I do), attacking beloved Amma, etc.

Take a look at the silliness this group has become.  Intelligent,
cogent people debating who and who doesn't get YOUR brand of freedom
of speech (which is no freedom of speech at all).

How sad.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, billy jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rick, clarify this for members:
>
>   Define "gratuitous profanity" and also help me understand "non-
gratuitous profanity". I want to be able to use non-gratuitous
profanity (if I deem it important) without you censoring me or
initiating an administrative reprisal.

>   What comprises a "sexist slur" since we must assume that you have
intentionally demarcated it from the more usual "profanity" to be
able to monitor it.

>   What about racist slurs? Is "trailer-trash" permitted but "white,
trailer-trash" forbidden?

>   Is the visually, literal euphemism "f*ckhead"(which you have used
in your email about the new guidelines) an example of an allowed or
disallowed term?

>   So …
>
>   Don't want to explicitly answer these questions? Then you choose
to deliberately obscure the horizon between permitted and forbidden
speech. This can only mean that you intend to exercise your edicts
based upon personal likes and dislikes – whether about ideas or
persons.

>   Don't like being forced to monitor member's posts for content,
style and intent? Welcome to the world of Stazi informants. You are
now the oberstfurher. And please don't give me that …  "I'm light
with my trigger finger". You've already proved that you are easily
manipulated by the pathetic sentimentality of Bronte and the
machinations of New Morning.

>   So … find the thought of monitoring it all rather taxing? Need
help to make it all work? Just go offline and turn it over to your
seconds-in-command, your obergruppenfurhers - New Morning
for "obvious" outrages, Bronte Baxter for "emotionally insensitive"
offences and Edg for "intuitively recognizable" insults.

>   Oh, and by the way - just so I don' t leave anyone with
any "ambiguity", which is what I believe will soon happen regularly:

>   1.       I believe that you, Rick Archer, have made an extremely
foolish decision to jeopardize the independent speech of FFL members.

>   2.       I believe that Bronte Baxter is too sentimental and
cowardly to fight for her own points-of-view and has cut a deal
(consciously or unconsciously) with you to create a special FFL
privileged status for herself. Such a status would allow her to speak
without incurring the confrontation that the rest of us might
reasonably incur as a result of firmly stating our point of view.
Based upon the gender-driven definitions of Bronte's recent emails,
and New Morning's insistence that you are not doing your job, which
you have explicitly sympathized with, you are subjecting the rest of
us to the secret domination motives of these two members. I have
noticed that Peter is already afraid to use language stronger than "I
agree" or "I disagree" when replying to Bronte.

>   3.       For years Judy Stein has rationally slugged it out with
anyone who wants to take her on and has endured being called "slut"
and "cunt". You, Rick Archer, have never intervened, and for you to
do so now, generally and without cause, renders Judy's forbearance
worthless and the duplicity in Baxter and New Morn's domination
strategy especially egregious and destructive.

>   4.       I believe that New Morning has conspired to excise the
free speech of FFL members. I believe this renders her actions
nothing less than traitorous to the spirit of FFL. I consider her
efforts not only fundamentally dishonest but a blatant attempt to
destroy the free-speech integrity of this forum.

>   For you, Rick Archer, to frame these domination attempts as "just
an exercise" is like the Maoist officer declaring the Tiananmen
Square massacre as "just the end of a democratic experiment".