--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>http://www.presentec.de/fileadmin/img/twig_edel/twig_edel_1280x960.j
pg
>I'm on the record saying I think this things is
> > beautiful.  As nice as a Faberge Egg.
>  lurk

 You on drugs, dude?

There is so much conspicuous consumption and much of it is
sickening, but this thing just strikes me as kind of awesome.  I
remember my Mom was in the hospital recently, and one of her friends
send her a $350.00 Hermes scarf.  I mean, it was ridiculous, and you
can buy a poly scarf with a nice print on it for $10.00, but I
thought it was absolutely gorgeous.  Another of her friends recently
gave her a $1500.00 Prada purse for her birthday.  That one didn't
impress me as much.  65 years of smoking has finally caught up with
my Mom, and she is not doing too well, but it's been nice to see the
outpouring of generosity from her friends.  Having said that, I buy
MY clothes at Wal-Mart, because that works for my budget.

lurk