Marek writes snipped:
And he wasn't talking about giving up your individuality or slavishly
following a guru; only that some have experienced that blasting away
of the individual and the realization that I/It -- *Is* -- not even
One but beyond the concepts of 'One' and 'other'.  And, if I follow
what Turq was referring to correctly, the catalyst to that
realization (whether temporary or permanent) may come from a guru,
but it can just as easily come from any other source.  Once is all it
takes to change everything and as Turq said, after that the desires
and the individualities just don't have as firm a hold as they did
prior.

Tom T:
As one lady so apply noted. All things are for evermore Teflon coated.
Nothing to hang onto and it is just fine that way. Tom