--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of Duveyoung
> Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 7:14 PM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] RICK -- A FLAMER STRIKES (Re: Hey, Turq)
>

> Rick -- Would you rather I just not send these notices to you?
>
> It's OK.
>

> Below is exactly the kind of thing we're all grinding our teeth
about.

> Edg
>
> Putting this in party context, here's how it went down. Bronte,
Turq and Off
> World have all had a few too many:
>
> ·         Bronte calls Turq a "guru enthusiast"
>
> ·         Turq is rightly offended, but overreacts, calling Bronte
and
> others "idiots."
>
> ·         Bronte tries to explain but Turq isn't buying it.
>
> ·         Edg and Rick, who haven't had as many, try to get Turq to
lighten
> up a bit.
>
> ·         So far, the party guests only sense a bit of tension over
in one
> corner, and haven't begun fetching their coats.
>
> ·         Off World, being a Scotsman, has had quite a few and
plunges into
> the conversation with a few choice ones, saying Turq
>
> o   only wants to talk to people who pet his ego which is in so
much need of
> saving.
>
> o   was extremely rude to other people here,
>
> o   engages in never ending slander that fills up FFL,
>
> o   contributes mostly self-absorbed monotonous poorly written
monologues.

> o   Has a hatred for women, except for those who are far too young
for the
> old man.
>
> ·         Hmmm. It does seem that he's attacking the man rather
than dealing
> with the points at hand.>>

All true, except I hadn't had anything to drink. Just wait till I
down these couple of pints of the ol' thumper !

Apart from that I am just emulating the style I learned from Turq.
Attack the person, not the argument.

In addition, I have no argument with Turq...mostly because he has no
rationality, therefore how can one engage in argument. It is a waste
of time.

OffWorld

40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> off_world_beings <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In HYPERLINK
> "mailto:FairfieldLife%
40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> Bronte Baxter
> > <brontebaxter8@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Come on, buddy. I wasn't trying to lecture you. I was trying to
> > answer the well-thought-out arguments you made a few days ago in
> > answer to my post. You objected that day to my phrase, "come on,
guru
> > fans, I'm ready for the snowballs," so today I changed it
to "guru
> > enthusiasts," and still seem to have offended you. I don't know
if
> > you follow a guru or not, but your post certainly extolled the
> > benefits of being blasted by an enlightened being (most people
who
> > blast like that are gurus). Hence the friendly-meant phrase "guru
> > fans." Take it easy on me, Turq. I was trying to have some fun
> > tossing a ball back and forth. I enjoy your "Paris" emails.
They're
> > funny and have heart. Why do you have to be so prickly when you
> > aren't soliliquizing? "Idiot" is off-limits. If you talk to me, I
> > expect respect. If that's too hard, we can agree to ignore each
> > other.>>
> >
> > I wouldn't bother conversing with Turq. This is nothing unusual
for
> > him. He only wants to talk to people who pet his ego which is in
so
> > much need of saving. When I first came here he was extremely rude
> > other people here, nothing has really changed since then. Apart
from
> > engaging in never ending slander that fills up FFL, his other
> > contributions are mostly self-absorbed monotonous poorly written
> > monologues. He also has a hatred for women, except for those who
are
> > far too young for the old man.
> >
> > OffWorld

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.