Just to be clear,  my Guru was not responding to your post, I was. I stated the
general
comments of my Guru. You will find it to parrellell Ramana Maharihsi, so
possibly you can
investigate what he says regarding the same comments.

Tanmay

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Bronte writes:
>
>   The fact that your guru presumed to send a message to me brings up the
> emotion of
irritation and anger, and I'm looking at that to see what goes. I realize I do
have the
opinion that gurus in general are part of a racket aimed at exploiting seekers.
I have little
respect for the lot of them. When I come across some enlightened person like
Flanigan, or
others, who isn't trying to convert people but simply sees the world from a
certain
perspective, and who'll tell you what that is if you happen to ask them about
it, I find that
cool. I'm interested.

>   But people who fit the traditional concept of guru manipulate people's
> lives. They tell
others they can read their souls and then they give them directions on how to
live. They
often wreck lives in the process. This is my experience. From what I've read of
your
postings in the past, your guru is of the traditional variety. I read the
interchange you
published on FFL between her and your friend and was appalled. I intend no
insult to you
personally, but Ron, I have to be frank. I just don't go for that stuff.

>   So I have no desire to communicate with her or to receive comments on my
> postings
from her. If YOU want to comment on something I wrote, that's a different
matter.
However, since guru lady has had a go at me, I'll have a go at her this one
time. I really
can't resist. It won't be pretty.

>   Ron had written:
>
>   * General comments coming from my Guru are - a person cannot be
> enlightened- this
is
> why it is advised for the sadakas in my path here to think of Guru as
> consciosness and
not
> the persona.
>

>   Bronte writes:
>
>   Bullshit. It's people who get enlightened. And gurus are no more and no
> less
consciousness than the rest of us. Telling your lot not to think of you as a
person but as
consciousness is just a cool device for getting them to park their critical
thinking at the
door and swallow whole anything you tell them.

> *no doership with the enlightened as there is no one to do anything- the me
> is gone-
> sidhis, miracles, psychic phenomina may occur around the enlightened but this
> just
> happens, it is not being done
>

>   Bronte says:
>
>   All more crap. Yadda yadda yadda. If the "me" is gone for you lady, I don't
> want what
you got. I perceive me-less people as walking zombies, who've sold out their
sacred
personhood  for "superior" nihilistic bliss. Well go ahead and enjoy it. But if
it's really that
fulfilling for you, why do have a need to proseletyze to strangers who don't
want to hear
from you on Fairfield Life?

> Guru lady says:
>
>   Also, the body has nothing to do with enlightenment- you are not the body,
> or mind,
for
> when these things are gone, there is something left, this is what One IS. In
> the kudalini
> path, where shakti meets shiva, the kundalini journey, which is one of
> consciosness, is
> completed.
>

>   Bronte says:
>
>   The body has EVERYTHING to do with enlightenment. Enlightenment is achieved
> in the
confines of the body. My old guru himself used to say that you have to come
here and take
on a body and get enlightened inside it in order the complete the journey of
involution
and evolution, the whole round-trip. Kundulini takes place IN a body, and
transforms it
into the divine. So your little preachy message here isn't even consistent with
your own
tradition.

>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > nothing to do with enlightenment ... bud, I disagree. IMO, the fully
> > enlightened person
>
> * General comments coming from my Guru are - a person cannot be enlightened-
> this
is
> why it is advised for the sadakas in my path here to think of Guru as
> consciosness and
not