sirens
are singing
softly

Odysseus unbound
I listen to their song
and walk home
to write this
for Penelope

I think I'm going to like living in Sitges. Yeah, I have
technically been here for some time, but I really haven't
had the ability until tonight to really Be Here. I've had
to balance the moving to a new country and a new lifestyle
and...well...a new life with 60-70 hour workweeks. I'm
still living out of suitcases and boxes. Suffice it to
say that this is not my usual way of moving to a new
place. I'm an occultist -- whenever I move to a new place,
and a new life, I usually have my new house impeccable,
in a Castandean sense, within a week or so.

But nooooooo. Not here. Work intervened. So here I sit
tonight in a lovely apartment with a lovely garden,
chilling out as the sirens urged me to do, but within
an apartment decorated in a style once described aptly
by Architectural Digest as Early Cardboard Box.

But tonight my long, grueling tech writing project is
put to bed, and (so far) sleeping peacefully. I can relax.

And so, I am. I took a long, ambling walk with my friend's
dogs down the beach. And with each step my smile widened,
and my step lightened, and more of my inner slumbering
selves woke up.

It's a nice place, here. If you can Be Here, and Now,
that is.

I think I'm going to like living in Sitges.