“…marriage is not about doing the minimum, marriage is about doing whatever
is going to make the marriage work. And let me tell you, often that means doing
the maximum.” <quoted by Michael Datcher>

  (#)..[-](#)..[-](#)..[-](#)..[-](#)..[-](#)..[-](#)..[-](#)..[-](#)..[-]

  “Here in America marriage as an institution is confused with marriage as a
concept. Marriage as an institution comes with definitions and expectations
that some partners never discuss with each other. Thus, what starts out as an
unscripted adventure becomes a very contrived pursuit of a certain type of
lifestyle. Marriage as a concept is a real sweet idea, with two people looking
at each other and saying, ‘I really think everything I want to do on this earth
I’ll be able to do better with you as a partner,’ which is a step beyond, ‘Why
don’t we start living together for life?’” -- Zaron W. Burnett, Jr. (from the
book, “A Love Supreme: Real-Life Stories of Black Love” by TaRessa and Calvin
Stovall)

---------------------------------
  Yahoo! Mail

http://www.quotesquotes.com/