Classic Quotes by George Sand (1804-1876) French writer   Charity degrades
those who receive it and hardens those who dispense it.

---------------

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not
lead. There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.

---------------

Faith is an excitement and an enthusiasm: it is a condition of intellectual
magnificence to which we must cling as to a treasure, and not squander on our
way through life in the small coin of empty words, or in exact and priggish
argument.

---------------

He who draws noble delights from sentiments of poetry is a true poet, though he
has never written a line in all his life.

---------------

I regard as a mortal sin not only the lying of the senses in matters of love,
but also the illusion which the senses seek to create where love is only
partial. I say, I believe, that one must love with all of one's being, or else
live, come what may, a life of complete chastity.

---------------

I see upon their noble brows the seal of the Lord, for they were born kings of
the earth far more truly than those who possess it only from having bought it.

---------------

Life in common among people who love each other is the ideal of happiness.

No one makes a revolution by himself; and there are some revolutions which
humanity accomplishes without quite knowing how, because it is everybody who
takes them in hand.

    ELLY,MistyLeaf,Elisi Eli& SunniD

  May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.
      Chief Dan george