If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if
we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would
not be so welcome.

       Charlotte Bronte

The ego prevents us from helping ourselves by presenting
a false notion of what it really means to help ourselves.

          Gehlek Rinpoche

I am determined to maintain the perpendicular position.

         Lucy Stone

Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor
ignorance.
Where there is patience and humility, there is neither anger
nor annoyance.
Where there is love and joy, there is neither greed nor
selfishness.
Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither
anxiety nor doubt.

     St. Francis of Assisi (paraphrased)

If you truly love yourself then don't regret the past, it's
what made you who you are today!