objdump -x suggests that this might be due to a couple of mingw libraries:

root@altie-VirtualBox:~/faust-examples# objdump -x karplus.dll | grep DLL
     DLL
  vma:            Hint    Time      Forward  DLL       First
     DLL Name: KERNEL32.dll
     DLL Name: msvcrt.dll
     DLL Name: USER32.dll
     DLL Name: libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll
     DLL Name: libstdc++-6.dll

According to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12921911/mingw-libgcc-s-sjlj-1-dll-is-missing

I should add "-static-libgcc" to my CXXFLAGS in faust2w32vst.  I tried
that and still see the same lines in objdump.  Giving it some more
thought...