I've used a faust example program to make a simple 26x4 matrix-style mixer:

[CODE]
declare name         "matrix";
declare version     "1.0";
declare author         "Grame";
declare license     "BSD";
declare copyright     "(c)GRAME 2006";

// Audio Matrix : N inputs x M outputs

import("music.lib");

Fader(in)        = db2linear(vslider("Input %in", -10, -96, 4, 0.1));
Mixer(N,out)     = hgroup("Monitor %out", par(in, N, *(Fader(in)) ) :> _ );
Matrix(N,M)     = tgroup ("Matrix %N x %M", par(in, N, _) <: par(out, M,
Mixer(N, out)));

process = Matrix(26, 4);

[/CODE]

I would like to customize the auto-generated gui widget names (Input 0,
Input 1, ..., Output 0, Output 1, ...) to the names of the instruments on
the input sliders and the names of the output devices on the Output tabs.
I'd like to do that by modifying the generated C++ code, which I believe I
can manage, but I can't seem to successfully compile and link to an
executable file.  At this point, I've tried so many things that I can't
provide specific error messages, but they are generally along the lines of
not being able to find included files (for example "gui/GUI.h" and
<QApplication>).  Perhaps I've installed faust or faustworks or qt
incorrectly?

I'm running Ubuntu 15.10 with the xfce desktop and "qmake --version"  shows:
QMake version 3.0
Using Qt version 5.4.2 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

I wish to create a jack-compatible, qt gui executable.

I guess at this point I'm looking for a general approach along with any
detailed suggestions anyone might have.  If more info is needed, please be
as specific as possible in letting me know what to do to provide it.
Although I was a software engineer at one point in my life, I'm older and
wiser (but not as smart) now.  :)

Thanks,
Wayne in Grand Rapids, Minnesota