Hi Julius and Yann,

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 02:30:04PM -0700, Julius Smith wrote:
>Maybe there is a way to formulate more directly to avoid interleave?

In the badInterleave branch, I replaced all interleaves with a straight
bus.

Of course that doesn't produce the sound I want, and I have no idea how
to rewrite my code without interleave, or with a faster one.

But let's say I did. classicVocoder now goes from:

end evaluation (duration : 368.348)
end propagation (duration : 2552.41)

end evaluation (duration : 98.0795)
end propagation (duration : 0.469664)

which is a big improvement.

Unfortunately, it's been 2h20 since
end compilation (duration : 1.80108)
, and gcc hasn't even started yet; still running the faust compiler.

TBC: with the normal interleave, it also takes hours for this stage.

So it seems interleave is just a symptom, just like stableFilters.

To me it still looks like the underlying problem is that the compiler
scales badly with complex dsp's.

I've seen the problem in some of my other code too.

Cheers,
Bart.