Hi Oleg,

Before I wrote this code I tested yours and got silence.
That test was somehow flawed; I tried again just now and it works as expected.
Sorry for the noise.

After the silent test, I looked into the commit history, saw that the init got removed and found out it did make noise with the init. After I "fixed" the oscillator, it peaked at -2 and +2, so I added the ''*0.5''. At that point I had little faith left in the code, and the 2 outputs and the mem's seemed unneeded, so I removed them.

So all in all a commit based on a broken test (or two) and ignorance, sorry!

Someone with access, please revert that commit!

And again, Oleg, sorry for the noise!

Cheers,
Bart.

Oleg Nesterov <o...@redhat.com> writes:

Hi Bart,

I am not sure I understand you, but I'll try to answer anyway ;)
Please correct me.

On 04/16, Bart Brouns wrote:

Somehow the initial value of `u` got lost in the last commit to this function: https://github.com/grame-cncm/faustlibraries/commit/ba34ca657a8c98efc804061c5b2e1d4f7e6bc6ff.

I don't think it was lost, this code deliberately tries to not use
"impulse" for initialization of delay line.

See https://sourceforge.net/p/faudiostream/mailman/message/36700742/

(See also https://sourceforge.net/p/faudiostream/mailman/message/36534365/)

but again, perhaps I misunderstood your concerns.

The oscillator doesn't seem to work without it.

why do you think it doesn't ?

What are the 2 outputs for?
I removed the first one, cause the second one was easiest to match with
os.osc.

Cough. It outputs the "cosine,sine" pair. Like, say, os.oscrq(f).
This looks useful, why do you think the 1st output is pointless?
Why do you think it should match os.oscsin ?

Why was there a 1 sample delay on both outputs?

See above, to ensure that the very 1st output is (1,0), this doesn't
penalize the generated code.

Why was this osc twice as loud as os.osc?

could you explain what do you mean?

Is that what you mean by "more precise"?

Not at all,

How is the generated code worse?

please look at the generated code before/after this patch?

Oleg.