Hi everyone,

First post to the group here, just want to say firstly thanks to all the Faust
developers for all the interesting DSP developments and ongoing work, and also
to post about a new open source ESP32 development board for audio that some
people may be interested in. Details are below, if anyone has any questions or
feedback please reply and let me know, currently it is in final prototype stage
and I hope to make it available in a few months;

ESP32 Pico D4 Chip (silicon rev1), 4MB Additional PSRAM, 3D Antenna, WM8978
Audio Codec.
Audio Line In on stereo 3.5mm connector.
Audio Headphone / Line Out on stereo 3.5mm connector.
Stereo Aux Line In, Audio Mono Out, Audio Speaker Out on GPIO Header.
2 x Knowles SMP0687LR5H-1 MEMS Microphones routed in low noise differential
configuration.
ESD protection on all audio inputs and outputs.
Breadboard friendly, 70mm x 24mm.
11 x GPIO pins broken out to 2.54mm pitch header, with access to both ESP32 ADC
channels, I2C and capacitive touch pins.
 USB 2.0 over USB Type C connector.
3.7/4.2v Lithium Polymer Rechargeable Battery or USB / 5V Powered, overvoltage
protection
Power consumption in normal usage (Wi-Fi off, running audio DSP code with mics
active) = 100mA, with Audio Codec in standby mode = 52.4mA, low power usage
(Audio Codec in standby mode and ESP32 in deep sleep mode) = 5.7mA.
Battery voltage level detection.
ESD protection on USB data bus.
Note: The GPIOs are carefully selected based on experience and issues
encountered with other ESP32 boards, I have attempted also to take into account
things mentioned during the PAW workshop and conference, so for instance it is
possible to use x4 ADC inputs and WiFi at the same time, USB is Type C
connector, and most of the codec feature set is routed/broken out (Line Inputs,
Aux Inputs, Mono Output, Speaker Output). A lot of the hardware design elements
are finalised, but it is not too late to make some changes depending on what
they are.

I'll post the details in the Slack channel also.

thanks,
Andy
--
Email: andywil...@tuta.io