Hi all,

Long time fan, first time caller.

I'm playing with some Faust violins in a Unity project and am unsure as to
what I should expect to hear in terms of spatialization for the output I'm
getting. With a simple violinModel ui example such as listed below (thanks
250A) loaded into a 2-dimensional unity scene, I seem to get two channels
of audio, which show no consideration of the Unity AudioSource "Stereo Pan"
parameter, either adjusted manually in the IDE or in code. For a standard
mono wav asset, this would pan the single channel left to right (-1 to 1),
and for a standard stereo wav asset this would increase/decrease the volume
of channels 0 or 1 respectively.

In the online Faust ide for this example, I can see that two channels are
generated, so I assume stereo output. But the plugin output doesn't act as
a stereo asset would. Or am I missing something (I assume the latter).

I've tested routing these through Unity Mixer groups and can see audio
level data in both channels too, so I'm sure it's not my home audio rig.
And this is for a simple 2D project, no 3D spatialization, so I have
Unity's "Spatial Blend" Audio Source parameter set to 2D (which then
ignores the roll-off settings).

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks!

Rob

***** CODE EXAMPLE *****

import("stdfaust.lib");

my_violin_ui = pm.violinModel(stringLength,bowPress,bowVel,bowPos)*outGain

with{

stringLength = hslider("v:violin/v:[0]string/[0]length[midi: ctrl
72]",0.75,0,2,0.01) : si.smoo;

bowVel = hslider("v:violin/v:[1]bow/[0]velocity[midi: ctrl 71]",0,0,1,0.01)
: si.smoo;

bowPress = hslider("v:violin/v:[1]bow/[1]pressure[midi: ctrl
74]",0.5,0,1,0.01) : si.smoo;

bowPos = hslider("v:violin/v:[1]bow/[2]position[midi: ctrl
73]",0.7,0,1,0.01) : si.smoo;

outGain = hslider("v:violin/outGain",0.5,0,1,0.01);

};

process = my_violin_ui;