Hi all,

I have generally been a user of FaustLive but have just been looking
at the faust IDE, as I got it running locally for the first time. (I
had always thought of it primarily as a remote/web service up until
now.) I would like to use it as I can see that it's pretty nice;
however, I'm not sure whether it will work for my use case. I have
some questions:

1. Can it monitor a file which is being edited by another program, and
pick up the changes when it's saved, like FaustLive? I like to use
vim.

2. Where does compilation happen? The 'Builder URL' option (pointing
to an external url) makes me wonder if code is sent to a remote
location for compilation, but on the other hand I couldn't see any
network traffic, so I'm not sure. I would prefer to compile locally if
possible.

3. I would like to get audio output running through JACK on linux. I
think this is probably more of a browser issue than specifically a
faust, so I'll try to find information on this elsewhere, but if
anyone has some tips or can comment on whether this is possible in
firefox or chrome, I would appreciate it.

Many thanks,
James