Hello,
I’m new to this list and wanted to introduce myself briefly, as well as ask a
question about faustgen~.

I started using Faust because I am intrigued by the many platforms it can run
on, e.g. something as small as a Teensy. For the moment I keep it on the
laptops though until I have more experience with it. So far I got things
working with the Web IDE, FaustLive, and the MaxMSP externals built with
faust2max6. As a seasoned Max user I'm especially interested in the latter,
because it will allow me to make a more gradual transition rather than fully
committing my complete performance patches at once.

Today I discovered faustgen~ and of course that would make things even easier,
with the code integrated right into the patch.
However, when I bring my (very simple) code into faustgen~ I always get the
following error message (unless doing trivial things like a pass-thru):

maths.lib : 135 : ERROR : syntax error, unexpected IDENT, expecting LPAR or DEF

This was using faustgen~ 1.34 downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/faudiostream/files/faustgen/

I later realized that the Sourceforge repository might be a bit too old, and
found the faustgen sources in the embedded folder within the Github repo.
However, following the steps in the Readme failed with an error regarding
llvm-config. I did install llvm though, using MacPorts. So I don’t know what
I’m missing here...

Faust 2.38.15
Max 8.2.0
macOS Mojave 10.14.6