Hey everyone,

First time post here. First of all, thanks to everyone for Faust. I took the kadenze course this week and enjoyed it and now diving into a first little project.

I have a resonator setup with a feedback loop and this can sometimes create peaks that start clipping the audio output coming from the faust IDE and it sounds very bad.

I'd like to put something in to limit this output from clipping and I figure this is probably good practice and standard procedure.

I see there are a lot of compressors and limiters available, so I'm just looking for the least computationally intense one (since I might use many of them) that can just nicely limit the signal so it never clips.

Also, am I right in thinking that the clipping only happens when the signal goes to the output? - For example, during the process chain, signals can exceed 1.0 and still be computed fine but only need to be within -1 and 1 when being output for listening?

Thanks for your time,

Mike