> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Do I *have* to read Fisher's book? I really wasn't impressed by
> Lessig's riff on it.

Nor me.

I've just received a review copy of "Rethinking Copyright" by Ronan Deazley.

That's my homework for the next week or so. :-}

Hopefully I'll then be able to substantiate all my currently idiotic
abolitionist positions to David Berry's stringent satisfaction. ;-)

Oh, and I should add, that all our argument about copyright should be seen
for what it is - pure self-indulgent entertainment.

Copyright is not argued away on the basis of ethics, but on the basis that
it has actually ceased to exist.

All subsequent argument is for vicarious pleasure or pity, e.g. to persuade
Canute's coterie that contrary to expectations, their commander is currently
submerged in two fathoms of beautiful briny and that he hasn't got much
oxygen left in his lungs.

Persuading people that copyright was actually unethical anyway is just being
charitable to help people ease themselves in its passing.