Hmm... there's a h264 .m4v available for download too, (the iTunes / psp)
link. If this is no good for you, I'll have a crack at transcoding it myself
and putting the relevant snippet online somewhere.

Cheers!

Tim

On 1/3/07, MJ Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Tim Cowlishaw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...] at around 30m30s in, there's an interesting discussion [...]
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7661663613180520595&q=23c3
> Any thoughts?

How does one get video.google.com to a useful video file? I tried
downloading the gvp file, extracting the URL and feeding it to
mplayer, but then I still seem to need to use -vo none to avoid the
noisy green screen.

Can one persuade mplayer to skip forward 3m30s in a stream?

Thanks for any answers,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.