Hi Folks,

I just spent a few days in Italy at a place called 'Biella CittadellArte' owned/run by an artist called Michelangelo Pistoletto: http://www.cittadellarte.it/ Which unfortunately means I missed the FCUK

He is interested in bringing together and creating networks of free culture groups internationally (as I understand it, he sees this AS his actual art practice at the moment, rather than the creation of physical objects). The main project they have at the moment is called 'Love Difference' which is trying to create links between groups from all the countries bordering the mediterranean. I was there as part of an attempt to bring together free software and free culture groups from Latin America. At this stage I think most of what the foundation does is geared to this kind of thing - initial creation of new networks by bringing local groups together and cross-fertilization of ideas.

But as I was leaving I asked 'is everything you do deliberately aimed at mediterranean and latin speaking countries, or would you be interested in links with UK groups?' to which I got the answer 'yes, definitely'. So I'm passing this rather vague piece of information on. If anyone has any suggestions, I can put them in touch with people in the foundation; also I think it's worth looking at the web site for some opportunities - for example, they will help students doing projects centred on free culture, etc.

Hope that's some use to someone

Graham