(I believe it  is not David Berry who  wrote the following, but rather
the author of  the  blog post that David  quoted  - correct me  if I'm
wrong)

    > Spread this number

    > 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0. Wanna know
    > what's so important about it?

    > The movie industry is threatening Spooky Action at a Distance
    > for publishing that number, specifically with copyright
    > infringement.

    > I had no idea a number could be copyrighted.

As can be seen   from the cease and    desist letter sent  to  Google,
Inc. (http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=3218) the AACS  LA
is not claiming that the number  above is copyrighted, but rather that
it  is  "a technology, product,   service, device, component,  or part
thereof that  is primarily  designed,  produced, or  marketed  for the
purpose of circumventing the technological protection measures", which
AACS can be arguably construed as.

According to Italian copyright law I see no reason why a number could
not be copyrighted, if it is the result of a creative activity. But I
belive this is a different issue.

Best,

--
      Andrea Glorioso || http://people.digitalpolicy.it/sama/cv/
          M: +39 348 921 4379        F: +39 051 930 31 133