Quoting David Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

No doubt you all saw the 'news' that Creative Commons is to be headed by........ a venture capitalist...

He seems to be a bit more than a VC if you read his bio and current activities.

This bodes ill for free culture connected to Creative Commons and it is perhaps a good juncture to discuss ways forward for Free Culture and related ideas in the New Commons Capitalism.

I think having a VC(++) with a background in social networking trying to do
freedom might be better than having a law professor trying to do capitalism. Or
it could just finish off CC as a trendy part of the Web 2.0 bubble. But I'm
hoping for the former. ;-)

Lessig's NonCommerical Permission Culture definitely needs tackling.

- Rob.