Máirín Duffy wrote:
Hey folks,

I just heard from members of the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) that our team has been granted the authority to make decisions on all Fedora artwork. What this means is that we will be able to determine the default set of artwork and themes for Fedora 8. So, yay!

This is great.

Now, this also means we do have some decisions to make:

- F8 default theme engine:

I don't have a strong feeling either way: I just installed Nodoka (and made the blue a little less bright) and it look decent. Maybe a bit slower, but I have to use it more before drawing any conclusion.
It fit OK the Myst icon theme, so no problem on that front.

Thinking more, I am a supporter of having a Fedora specific flavor, so I am inclined *for* using Nodoka.

- F8 default icon theme:

I think Echo is not complete enough for a default (and I am not sure it is the right way) so my option is Myst for yet another release.

OTOH, I suspect that postponing Echo yet another release as a default my mean its definitive dismissal.