Jeff Spaleta wrote:
So... now that the Fedora Electronics Lab is consumable from rawhide
and is appearing on the torrent server I thought this would be a good
time to ask.

Is there interest in building a spin which is myopically focused on
the art designer?
Is the desktop oriented livecd good enough.. or is there room for a
yet more focused spin
for the designer usage case? And if so, can it be done inside the
existing Fedora repository space without reaching for external bits?

-jef"Fedora spins are the new drug... and I want to be the new drug
pusher hanging out in the neighborhood playground, or library, or
coffe eshop, or where ever."spaleta
Hi Jeff!
This seems to be similar to what Ubuntu Studio [1] is doing, Nice to have more alternatives, even though I guess it's still a bit of a niche market. For a graphics designer GIMP, Inkscape and Scribus are the killer apps, so make sure to include those! Perhaps some nice web-devel tools would be nice as well, like NVU (is that still alive?) and Firefox with firebug installed by default. One thing that would probably be cool to put on a cd is a collection of good, free fonts (open font license, public domain stuff or whatever) that a designer can use right out of the box.
- Andreas

1. http://ubuntustudio.org/