Laith Juwaidah wrote:
    Gerold wrote:
     > I took a look at the below listed "round1" URLs and I personally
    tiked the
     > 9TO9 most ...
     > and I have also a (in my eyes) fantastic idea but also not sure than
     > somebody can realize my thoughts.
     >
     > When you'll install a new system, you'll get a unique (smolt-system)
     > id-number; maybe it is possible that that id-nummer is the "code"
    shown at
     > your dsktop?!
     >
     > So everybody has his "own unique" Desktop wallpaper/theme and
    also maybe

About the implementation, we won't need to change the code every period of time, it'll be set only once when the system is first installed... Probably changed in the four pictures (assuming the color will change too), then exported to png and those pngs will be used just like they used to in F8.

PNG or SVG, this is an implementation detail, the important part would be to get traction from the desktop guys to accept such a change.

And as implementation details, I feel working with PNGs is more complicated: you will need installed something like ImageMagik (which is not available by default in a desktop install) to be able to generate the image PNG and do the composition, with SVG is just a text search and replace.