Mike Bonnet wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:24:59 +0000
Paul Howarth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've used it after I've done a "make tag" whilst forgetting to commit
changes first, so the tag was applied to the wrong version of the spec
file etc. Force tagging is useful for correcting this error.
Couldn't that be solved by making 'make tag' abort if there are
unchecked in files in the dir, particularly .spec ?

It already should.  "make tag" uses "cvs tag -c".

$ cvs -H tag
Usage: cvs tag [-bcdFflR] [-r rev|-D date] tag [files...]
<snip>
        -c      Check that working files are unmodified.

Well it's been a while since I last made that mistake ;-)

Paul.