Steve Traylen wrote:
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Mike Bonnet <mi...@redhat.com> wrote:
Steve Traylen wrote:
Hi,

I thinking that the answer is that it is not currently possible but is
there any arrangement of configuration
to allow a build on say centos4 and centos5 concurrently.

A build tartget that has a fork to two buildroots and destination
tags. Both would need to work
for the overall task to work.
If you mean one "koji build" results in two builds being created in Koji,
then no that is not currently possible.

This sounds like something that could easily be handled with a Makefile
target though.

Create your separate dist-centos4 and dist-centos5 build/dest tags and
targets.  Have a "make build" generate the appropriate SCM URL and call:

koji build --nowait dist-centos4 $SCMURL
koji build --nowait dist-centos5 $SCMURL

This works of course. I was hoping to force the dists to stay
in step though. builds are only tagged for el5 and el4 or not at all.
Rather like currently both i386 and x86_64 must both work to get either.
I can force the submitters to build on fc10 as well el4 and 5 to future proof
ourself.

This could be accomplished with "koji build --skip-tag". Then "koji watch-task" on the two taskIDs, and if that returns 0 you can then "koji tag-pkg" the two builds into their dest tags. It would probably be more robust to code this up by using the xmlrpc api directly, so you can check task success/failure and get the build NVR from the task ID directly, rather than parsing the output of "koji taskinfo".

Assuming you're using %{?dist} in your specfiles and have the
buildsys-macros defined correctly (and uniquely) in the -build tags, this
will create 2 separate builds in different tags from the same sources.

An item relevant to this. When building say a -el4.src.rpm on el5

koji build dist-centos5 foobar-1.5.2.el4.src.rpm

will always fail because the resulting foobar-1.5.2.el5.src.rpm does
not name match  foobar-1.5.2.el4.src.rpm

Is this check useful? It requires one to create to src.rpms before they can
be submitted to dist-centos4 and 5. I can't for instance just grab a
src.rpm package
from fc10 and submit it.

We only do this check for real (non --scratch) builds, and yes it is useful. The NVR of the "build" object in the database comes from that srpm. It would be very confusing if a build called "foo-1.0-1.el4" generated an rpm named "foo-1.0-1.el5".

(a cheeky p.s, did you get  the slides I sent. no comment is just fine)

Yes, haven't had a change to look them over yet though, I'll do that today.