On 10/14/2009 03:40 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jan Horak<jho...@redhat.com>  wrote:

Mozilla prefers using their own system in this case. It has some pros, like
user don't have to download debug packages (which is approx 80MB for each
package). Building the symbols for Mozilla is also quite easy. They have
everything prepared in their makefiles and their debug info is just one zip
file. All we need is to put this zip file somewhere that mozilla could pull
it (or we push it after package is released). This zip file should be left
aside from regular rpm package (read unpublished).
In that case I'd just make the mozilla spec file to put the .zip in
the -debuginfo package.  Then their crash handling code just needs to
get the built RPM NVRA (it should probably be compiled in, but forking
a "rpm -q" could work I guess), and their server side can fairly
easily script a "wget
http://download.fedoraproject.org/.../mozilla-debuginfo-12345.rpm";.

After more discussion on Mozilla bugzilla the Mozilla would prefer to give us an account to their crash-stat system and let us upload the mentioned zip file after each released update. The scp is used to upload debug symbols. However this require storage of private key which shouldn't be exposed to public. Is there any way to launch such operation and also keep the private key unpublished? I can provide complete script which will extract zip file from rpm files and upload them to Mozilla by using scp.
--
Jan