On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 11:45:50 +0200, Christoph Karl wrote:
> Hello!

Hi Christoph!

> My name is Christoph Karl and I use Fedora for a long time.
> For various reasons I want to change to CentOS,
> but I still miss some packages from Fedora.
> So I want to learn packaging not only for Fedora but for EPEL also.
>
> I would like to start with the package "qjackctl"
>
> I succeded with a scratch build for EPEL:
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=47379008
>
> But now I do not know how to move on.
>
> Also ownership of "qjackctl" is not clear.
> According to devel List it is orphaned
> (see Mail from 26.07.20, 23:08 by Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
> <na...@ccrma.stanford.edu>)

You cannot take ownership of the package until you're a packager. There
are multiple ways of being a packager though, so that'll be the place to
start:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group

qjackctl hasn't been orphaned yet---nando is still listed as the primary
maintainer:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/qjackctl

If they're happy to add you as a co-maintainer, that'll be the easiest
way of getting sponsored.

--
Thanks,
Regards,