On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 18:40:24 -0000, Aaron Gibbs wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm Aaron Gibbs.

Hi Aaron!

Welcome to the community!

> I have 20+ years as an IT Director in the automotive industry. I've
> been working with Linux for 2 years and distro-hopped enough to find
> that Fedora was the right OS for me. I have college experience
> programming in the various .NET languages and HTML but mostly what my
> job has kept me doing is software-integration, or another way to put
> it, getting it all to work together. I've been interested in bringing
> Fedora into my work environment for the security, ease of use, and a
> general dislike of the direction Microsoft is taking Windows (Hello
> Explorer Ads!). With much of my industry leaning away from proprietary
> software and more toward web-browser-based format it's getting easier
> to pull away from the MS ecosystem.

> I feel that I could best contribute in software testing but am willing
> to throw my hat in the ring wherever I can be helpful.
> Thank you for your consideration.

That's great to hear!

There's no real formal process to joining the community. One finds a
team/area/sub-project that they're interested in and just "jumps in".

This can be quite daunting though, given how large and spread out the
community is. So, we have a "welcome to Fedora" process to help new
folks learn about how/what/why/when/where the community does things.

Should we start this process for you?
https://pagure.io/fedora-join/Welcome-to-Fedora

(Take a look at some of the issues there to see what information it
gives you)

The Fedora Quality Assurance (QA) team is in-charge of most of the
software testing in the community. You can learn more about them here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA

--
Thanks,
Regards,