Hi,

My name is Javier. I'm a physicist by training and have been interested in
software
since very young. I've been coding since secondary school (more than 30 years)
at different
levels and used several languages (C, C++, Matlab, Python, C#, Lua, bash shell,
Basic, FORTRAN, Pascal, Delphi, and some others). I'm not an expert in most of
them ;-).

I've been developing software as my main job for 6 years, mostly as a C
developer
on embedded systems.

I'm interested in the Linux OS and free software philosophy in general. There
are
several reasons behind this interest, but an important one for me is that open
source
code allows monotonic progress. No one can remove the work that has been made
up to now.
I believe this is a very elegant way to empower people and provide freedom.

I use Ubuntu at work and Fedora Desktop at home. Furthermore, I have also
installed and configured
servers for personal use (CentOS stream, Lubuntu). For embedded systems y have
some
familiarity with the Yocto Project.

I come to the Fedora community with two main goals:
- Contributing to the open source ecosystem and
- Expand my expertise on the software development craftsmanship

I believe I could devote 2 to 4 hours a week. I will adapt the time as things
progress.

Likewise, I did not know where to start, so I applied to the initiative "Join
Fedora" with
the hope of getting some guidance.

I'm excited to start working on something interesting and useful, and also
getting to
know interesting people from who I could learn new skills.
Javier.