Christopher Brown wrote:
May I point out that those that care enough to want PAE usually know
how to go about getting it enabled whereas those that have install
failure because they're running non-PAE hardware probably wont know
how to go about getting it disabled.

You mean, ordinary users don't care about security? Because that's one of the advantages that PAE brings.

You're right, they don't care, we have to care for them.

The fall-out from this going onto the livecd makes me shudder.

You're pushing out a development problem to the users.

The original argument that many machines have 4GB of memory is simply
false.

My ~3yo home box has 4GB. I'm not an ordinary user (or it would be a computer, not a "box"), but I don't think you can claim 4GB is rare.

Manufacturers aren't shipping anything more than 2GB on
desktops at most unless you have oodles of money to throw at a
Alienware box or something. Sure, servers come with more but Fedora is
not really a reality for a long term server O.S

Servers should use x86_64 anyway. But I strongly disagree about penalizing the future to cater for the past.