On 06.02.2009 19:11, Dave Jones wrote:
On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 01:01:43PM -0500, Jon Masters wrote:

Not quite though from what I hear (trying to reconcile what Thorsten
said). But perhaps he was solely complaining that most people would run
PAE and thus have to type kmod-crud-PAE.

The kmod thing is a non-argument afaics.

If you currently use kernel-686, you'll be running kernel-586 in F11,
so you have 'kmod-foo' to go with it.

Correct.

If you currently use kernel-686-PAE, you'll be running the _same_ thing
in F11.

Correct.

The only possible change, is that with anaconda recognising PAE
and installing the PAE kernel by default, more people will be running it.
So it's just exposing it to more people.

Correct.

I don't see how this is a problem.

Getting rid of the suffix -PAE afaics would solve exactly the problem
that now is "just exposed to more people" (or might make solving it a
lot easier afaics). And it would make documentation a whole lot easier,
making Fedora easier to use. But whatever. You guys on IRC made clearly
indicated you option reg. kmod so I don't think it's worth arguing further.

CU
knurd