>Now it won't boot at all. I've shut it down, unplugged it, etc. and although
>the power light comes on and the fan starts up, no activity really takes
>place. It doesn't even beep to indicate power-on.

No post? Something is blowken.

>I've tried booting off a CD, but it doesn't get to that point. I can't get
>into the BIOS, even.
>Any ideas? Could this even be anything to do with Fedora, or so I just have
>some hardware issue all of a sudden?

Reset your bios, unplug the PC, pull out the battery and wait a few seconds
then try to boot.
In my experience, the most common failure point is a powersupply. Maybe you
lost a leg on it (as it partially loads)?

If you verify the powersupply is ok, remove all the peripherals and try seeing
if you reach the post. I have seen a dead HD
and NIC keep a pc from even getting to the post. Once they were removed
(different occasions) it would boot.

jlc