From: Daniel J Celta <dce...@gmail.com>
Date: June 21, 2009 1:41:57 PM CDT
To: fedora-list@redhat.com
Subject: Fwd: Problems Installing Fedora x86_64

From: Daniel J Celta <dce...@gmail.com>
Date: June 21, 2009 1:15:45 PM CDT
To: fedora-list@redhat.com

Hi,
After succesfully installing Fedora 10 x86_64 on a AMD64bit machine.

I am not able to have the machine recognize the newly installed operating system on the local drive.

It would try to reinstall fedora as if no operating system was present. I have reinstalled it but no luck when trying to reboot from the local drive.

Any ideas/help are appreciated.

Thanks

David

To your point about removing the cd/DVD ..... Yes, when I do that the machine hangs ..........

Craig,

Thanks for the response, I will try that command.
Could this problem be related to Raid5 as the hard drive array ???

Thanks

Craig,
When trying to run the command
"grub-install /dev/sda"

I get the following message:

"No suitable drive was found in the generated device map"

Any ideas as to what is happening?

Thanks for the help