> From: remotes...@live.com
> To: fedora-list@redhat.com
> Subject: RE: A good desktop Wi-Fi card for Fedora 10
> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:36:13 -0700

>> To: fedora-list@redhat.com
>> From: wal...@bellsouth.net
>> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 05:45:08 -0400
>> Subject: Re: A good desktop Wi-Fi card for Fedora 10

>>> Please be aware that ralink 27xx and 28xx and beyond are not supported by
>>> fedora. Everytime fedora kernel is updated, you will have to rebuild the
>>> ralink driver for that updated kernel. And it is not just a matter of
>>> running make xconfig to enable the rt2860 driver in the staging area, and
>>> then
>>> building the kernel. You will have to "enable" wpa_supplicant settings in
>>> ralink's config.mk file like this:
>>>
>>> # Support Wpa_Supplicant
>>> HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y
>>>
>>> # Support Native WpaSupplicant for Network Maganger
>>> HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=y
>>>
>>> before you start the kernel build.
>>>
>>> If you have multiple production systems that you wish to install this
>>> card on, you might want to choose a pci card that is currently supported by
>>> the madwifi driver or by the ath9k driver.
>>>
>>> Good luck.
>>
>> Unfortunately, as stated earlier (from the beginning?) of this thread, I
>> tried an Atheros card, and I could not get it to work with my DVD
>> decoder card installed. The system would lock up every time once the
>> drivers were loaded, both in Windows XP and in Fedora 10, and even when
>> the cards were sitting on separate IRQs. I'd be happy to try other
>> chipsets, but I don't know which brands contain which chipsets. If
>> someone could point me to a PCI card that uses a non-Atheros chipset and
>> is dual-band, I'll buy it. Otherwise, could someone tell me how to find
>> one of these cards that are supported by Linux yet do not use Atheros?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> William
>
> You tried one Atheros card, you do not tell us who manufactured the card,
> which atheros chipset, ...etc ....etc and now you think ALL atheros based
> cards from all manufacturers will have the same conflict with your mpeg card??

William,
Take a look at this card. Fully supported by the Linux ath9k driver.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704031

Great thing about newegg, they will accept returns with a full refund
within 30 days - they even send you a free UPS shipping label.
This has been my experience with them.

Cheers,

MK