I guess I should've been clearer in the other email. When I'm doing stuff like this I'll document what I'm doing and why (either in an email or wiki). A lot of times I'm putting in what I think I'm going to see and then I fix my notes based on what really happens. Works pretty well in general, but definitely not the approach to take if you're going to accidently hit send before you're ready.