gmvects wrote:
On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 20:55 -0600, Douglas McClendon wrote:
Vects wrote:
Hello there,
I want to create minimal fedora livecd with some local addons, I don't need any desktop. I used minimal.ks but it has missed login things, somebody could advise me what to add to livecd-fedora-minimal.ks in order it will allow
me to log in with root on any other account, plus I want to run sshd on it.
Can you be more specific? Perhaps describe or file a bug claiming that the livecd-fedora-minimal.ks is broken because it doesn't do X, Y, or Z...
I created minimal and it did work, I mean I've booted livecd, got a
prompt, livecd-creator was working well, no bugs I've found with it.

Other than that kind of thing, I think general questions about how to make a kickstart config that makes a system behave a certain way are off-topic for this list. Now, if you can make a kickstart that you have tested and know can install a system with the properties you want, but livecd-creator fails to make a usable equivalent LiveCD, then that would be on-topic.
I see, sorry my bad.
Could somebody point out some good info about kickstart config things?

This seems sparse

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f8/en_US/sn-automating-installation.html

This is where I've traditionally gone

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-kickstart2.html

In general it's mainly about the %post which is a shell script, which is an open door to anything a sysadmin can do from a commandline.

-dmc