Jeremy Katz wrote:

Outside of those changes, everything looks pretty straight-forward and
reasonable.  We'll want a little more error checking in
livecd-iso-to-disk and it might also be nice to have another tool that
lets you create your usb stick to use with the actual cd form (I did
this by hand and it was pretty nice that I could easily get it
working!).

I didn't really slow down and read this bit at first- So you actually used the livecd+usb form? I probably tried that once when I first wrote the code, but haven't even considered it since then. I guess you must have by hand added something like overlay=UUID=bla to the kernel cmdline. Of course the original incarnation of the patch supported the syntax overlay=auto which would scan all drives. But that code scares my responsibility-averse nature, and I was happy to remove it when focusing on the liveusb case. And also there was a bunch of related bash junk for dealing with finding multiple overlays.

-dmc

-dmc