Jeremy Katz wrote:
gpk-update applet runs on the live cd and checks for updates on the live cd environment (atleast for the xfce spin) and I suspect it does on the other live cd's as well. Should this be disabled? If so, what would be the best way to do it?

In theory, this should be getting done by default now (see
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=livecd;a=commitdiff;h=0e85e65b0e3f45d17650c5d2e87768dcf5d4f7dd)

Seems to be only in theory. I checked in the preview release and the update applet is initiated in the live cd and ends up downloading metadata which can be of significant size and associated cost in a bandwidth limited connection. The update applet should never be started in a live cd environment.

Rahul