Skunk Worx wrote:
I'm using F9 and the livecd-tools-017.1-1.fc9.i386.rpm (from koji).

When I try to build my iso from a config, I get a list of rpm names and sizes, then livecd-creator bails out.

My set of rpms is large and apparently exceeds the 4096L * 1024 * 1024 default value set in imgcreate.py. I found this by removing some packages and seeing a successful completion.

The older version of livecd-creator, used in F7, allowed me to alter the uncompressed-size via a command line argument. As a test, I added 512 to the 4096L and it seems to create the iso successfully with all desired packages.

Does anyone have an opinion of how "dangerous" it is to change the default uncompressed size this way? I don't want to continue down this path if what I'm doing is considered grossly wrong.

Actually I'm pretty sure these days it's far more harmless. The difference being that squashfs now supports sparse files more efficiently. Really I'm thinking more to my obscure case of wanting both that(ext3fs size) customizable* as well as the virtual disk size customizable. What the latter gets you is the ability to resize2fs upward online post boot (useful for very non-typical usage).

(*) jkatz- I'm too busy/lazy to look at the code, but is the size now customizable via the intuitive kickstart directives? (e.g. size for / partition)

-dmc

Thanks,
John