Firstly, let me say that from what I know of the work you're doing with education it's really exciting and got loads of potential. In fact I think it's one of the most exciting things happening in Fedora at the moment!

1. Open Source Curriculum - We are working with a talented group of people to try and put together both a platform and set of course materials in order to teach people and students world wide how to program using modern software engineering methodologies and with a focus on Free and Open Software tools
and philosophy.

This to me is a very exciting direction for Fedora to be heading :)

3. Red Hat High 2.0 - Redefine RHH as a program working with the country's elite science and math high schools in order to get students familiarized with open source at the high school level. This ties in with the Open Curriculum. We know there are a number of similar initiatives but none
which focus around getting students familiarized with open source.

This I am less keen on. I loved the idea of RHH, but I don't like the idea of targeting the elite only. I don't know how it works in the US, but many of the "elite" schools here in the UK are private and the kind of people who can afford to attend is extremely limited - even indirectly by the property prices near by.

Further, school doesn't work out for everyone, and there are many extremely talented people who aren't "elite" but who would probably find RHH exactly the kind of thing they need to kick start their love of learning, or their love of anything! I would hope that these are the kind of people that a project like this would target.

Lack of openness
One of the things we've talked about in IRC and I'll reiterate here is
that lack of openness makes people think the worst. I think that
largely such things have little if any place within the Fedora
community - there are a few exceptions, but I am not sure that this is
one of them. I also don't see the benefit - I know we talked about
making a big splash at Seneca in October, but that type of 'marketing'
is more reminiscent of Steve Jobs than of Fedora.

Agreed. I realise that sometimes a "lack of openness" isn't intentional, and just happens (I've certainly been guilty of this at times), but I don't see any reason other than legal obligations to not be entirely open with everything that we do.

Jon